REMOTE EXECUTER FOR CITRIX & REMOTE DESKTOP SERVICES - FREEWARE
Remote Executer permits, through the virtual channel, to execute a command line on the client machine from a remote session on the Terminal Server. Using this utility, user can launch any program with parameters on the client side. The program can be also configured to redirect http (https, ftp, ftps) link from server to open on the local machine.
This utility program provides similar Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 's "Host to client redirection" feature on Terminal Server (Remote Desktop Services), for example:
- Redirect url or any protocol (http, https, ftp, callto, tel, skype, etc...) to open (in the browser) on local/client machine
- Redirect http link with the possibility to filter out certain links with Black List or White List
- Redirect url in an Outlook email or in a Word (Excel, Acrobat Reader, etc) to local machine
- Redirect mailto command from Terminal Server/Citrix to create new email on local/client machine
- Run a program/command line with parameters on local/client machine
- Open a document file (PDF, Word, Excel, etc) with default associated program on the local/client machine
- Print a document file (PDF, Word, Excel, etc) on the default printer installed on the local/client machine
- Worked with Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Microsoft Azure RemoteApp (will be replaced with Citrix XenApp Express)
- Compatible up to Windows 10 / Windows 2016 RemoteApp
Use case examples:
1 - When installing Open Dental program (open source for Dental domain http://www.opendental.com/) on Remote Desktop Services Host Server as a RemoteApp, there is possiblility to create a "Bridge" to other programs. Among these programs, Apteryx XrayVision (http://www.apteryx.com/) is one of most popular softwares as Xray Image Viewer. Usually the Xray Images and the Xray machine are installed in the local office. In that case Remote Executer can be used to send a command line from RDSH Server to the local machine to launch the Xray Viewer program.
2 - When running a published RemoteApp program, the real instance of the that program is running on the server. What end user sees on his/her screen (local machine) is a refreshment graphic image of that program screen on the server, that why when a RemoteApp program with heavily use of graphic like a webpage with Flah, Youtube video or high definition photo the machine might become unresponsive, servers resources will be heavily consumed. In this case, the best solution is to redirect the webpage with the flash or video to run on the local side. With Remote Executer, it's possible to configure for all the YouTube pages will be launched in the browser on the local machine by using WhiteListe option.
Download the document for more detail.
Notes: Remote Executer for Citrix works only with Windows 2008/R2 and previous versionMore detail / Download...